Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions and feature requests (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Reset tempo and Close all (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=30259)

JLBA 03-11-2013 10:48 AM

Reset tempo and Close all

Hello, I feel a little bad for already asking new features, but I guess knowing that my favorite music editing software will now have future versions got me excited (and so very happy)

I often have quiet a few scores opened at the same time (amongst other things, I use Notation Composer for my rhythm and note learning). For this reason, I noticed two things I really miss.

1. a fast way to reset the "tempo percentage spinner" (I used to work with a 3D software and right clicking on a spinner reset it to the default value, if the widgets used for the programming of Notation Composer allow it, maybe it would be a nice functionality to add).

2. a "File -> Close all" menu item (maybe less important, I don't know if many users have a lot of scores open at the same time as I do). When a lot of scores are open (I often have 15 or more exercises open), it is a bit cumbersome to ctrl+F4 them one by one.

Neither of these features are critical, I just think of them as small ways to make Notation Composer even more awesome :)
(sorry for my English)

Jean-Luc

Sherry C 03-11-2013 01:08 PM

Re: Reset tempo and Close all

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLBA (Post 61986)
Hello, I feel a little bad for already asking new features, but I guess knowing that my favorite music editing software will now have future versions got me excited (and so very happy)

Glad you're happy - we are too :)

Quote:

I often have quiet a few scores opened at the same time (amongst other things, I use Notation Composer for my rhythm and note learning). For this reason, I noticed two things I really miss.

1. a fast way to reset the "tempo percentage spinner" (I used to work with a 3D software and right clicking on a spinner reset it to the default value, if the widgets used for the programming of Notation Composer allow it, maybe it would be a nice functionality to add).
We do have some "to do" items regarding the tempo adjustment. I'll note this one as well.

Quote:

2. a "File -> Close all" menu item (maybe less important, I don't know if many users have a lot of scores open at the same time as I do). When a lot of scores are open (I often have 15 or more exercises open), it is a bit cumbersome to ctrl+F4 them one by one.
This functionality is already present, but is in a different menu item: Window/Close all songs. It's a good idea to repeat it in the File menu, too, though.

ttfn,
Sherry

JLBA 03-11-2013 01:16 PM

Re: Reset tempo and Close all

Thank you very much for your answer Sherry and I am very ashamed to say I never thought of looking in the windows menu to close my scores :o This will perfectly do the job :D

Thank you again for your help :)