Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Share Your Music (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Just a giggle. . .DOG ME! (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=34451)

Jeffrey610 02-16-2020 06:58 PM

Just a giggle. . .DOG ME!

1 Attachment(s)
Guess What. . . I've always imagined what I would write if I could write for a movie or something. You know, the scary parts or the dramatic interludes. Well, here is my crazy offerings of what that might sound like.
Be warned. . .I'm using mostly crazy sound effects and really edgy sounds that I could find in the Sound Files available in Notation 3. I kind of wished I could use .wav files or .avi files. . .then I could get laugh tracks and sound effects from off the Web. Hey, SherryC. . .can we do that?
Ha...Ha... just a giggle. Have fun!!!
Jeffrey610

dj 02-17-2020 12:19 PM

Re: Just a giggle. . .DOG ME!

Hi, Jeffrey:

Dog Me is a lot of fun, with some very nice percussion rolling along underneath.

I could see it being used for a Matt Helm movie, in a scene with Dean Martin being chased through a psychedelic hall of mirrors and finally getting the bad guy with the final shot.

A fun start to the morning.

David

Sherry C 02-17-2020 01:44 PM

Hi Jeffrey,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey610 (Post 69391)
Be warned. . .I'm using mostly crazy sound effects and really edgy sounds that I could find in the Sound Files available in Notation 3. I kind of wished I could use .wav files or .avi files. . .then I could get laugh tracks and sound effects from off the Web. Hey, SherryC. . .can we do that?

There are a lot of really fun soundfonts that you can use out there. Some have better "voices" (as in human voice), and there are some that have "ha ha ha"s and other effects.

For version 3 of our software, that's not yet something that can be done and still have all the instruments. You could use something like Reaper or VST Host to have multiple soundfonts available and then connect Composer via a virtual MIDI cable to the host (eg. Reaper or VST Host) to access all the different sounds. The catch would be that others would need the same setup because if you use the File -> Export Audio, Composer only uses the one soundfont loaded in the NS Synth.

If you really want to get all nerdy with it, you could edit your own soundfonts using something like Kenneth Rundt's Viena (available free at www.synthfont.com) to create your own soundfont that has whatever instruments you want as well as the sound effects too. That's getting pretty technical, though, and for others to hear what you're hearing you would need to share (1) the .not song file and (2) the soundfont you created to go with it. Doable, but does take some effort.

So yes, you could do it, it's just a "power user" task :)

ttfn,
Sherry

rrayner 02-18-2020 03:01 PM

Hi Jeffery,

As has been usual for me, I am fascinated by your drums/percussion parts. I do sincerely wish I had more time for a little more analysis. I spent a little time (precious) this morning "soloing" the drums - I can see a real live drummer wailing his head off.

Keep the good stuff coming!

Ralph Rayner

Jeffrey610 02-19-2020 12:18 AM

dj,
Your response to Just a Giggle was hilarious to me. I mean " Milk out the Nose" Hilarious. . .Really. . .Matt Helm??? Your really showing your (and My) age!!LOL These days they would say: 'Jason Bourne' or 'Hitman: Agent 47' or even 'John Wick'. . .But, Matt Helm??? Totally time warp Hilarious 8-D Laugh Out Loud with Milk out the Nose!!
And when I stopped laughing. . .I could genuinely see exactly what you meant!
Thanks so-o-o-o much for the listen and the laugh. I'm going to find "The Wrecking Crew" and "The Silencers" Movies right away and get another giggle.

Your Friend,
Jeffrey610

Jeffrey610 02-19-2020 12:25 AM

Thanks Sherry for the TECH info. . .I'm just the kind of guy to do that kind of stuff.
See you on the other side.

Jeffrey610

Jeffrey610 02-19-2020 12:33 AM

Hey rrayner,
I could totally write a drum track for you to add music to. Just tell me what you need (4/4 timing, Tempo, in what musical style, # of bars-to-verse, # of bars-to-bridge, etc). I would be honored to build you a foundation. . .no strings or obligations. . .except, you show/share the results with me. I would love to see what you come up with.

Deal?
E-mail me.
Jeffrey610