Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions and feature requests (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Touch Screen User Interface (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=32322)

kknollman 03-30-2014 07:11 PM

Touch Screen User Interface

I am using Composer on a touch screen computer at my organ console - no computer keyboard, no mouse. I use it to play back, learn and practice scores, not to write or edit them. It would be nice if the (hopefully up and coming) new release of Composer had more features to make it more friendly to use with a touchscreen. In addition to having control over which toolbars, pallets and status bars show on the screen, some of which remain in the condition you specify in the View menu after you close and re-open Composer, and some which don't :mad: (check out the detail pallet), I would like to see the the following:
1) Have the ability to include or remove function icons individually to/from the Toolbar like many Microsoft product menus provide. 2) Have the ability to set the size of the toolbar icons. 3) Have the ability to control the paging of the score on screen by swiping it (preferably Left-Right as opposed to Up-Down). 4) Have the ability to reposition the playback cursor (green down arrow) as it functions now during playback, but also while playback is stopped. I know I can hold the 'P' key down to do that, but that doesn't work if you don't use a computer keyboard.
Thanks.

Sherry C 03-31-2014 12:41 AM

Re: Touch Screen User Interface

Hi,

Thanks for your excellent description of how you use Notation Composer, and listing the specific features you would like to see implemented especially for touch-screen users.

The current development effort is focused on desktop users with the traditional keyboard and mouse usage (still our largest group of musicians). However, we do realize that with the proliferation of new devices, and especially the rising popularity of touch screens, we'll need to direct our development efforts toward that platform. I've put your excellent suggestions in a "task" just for that purpose.

Please do let us know if there are other features or modifications that you would find helpful.

Thanks!
Sherry

Gurra1 06-17-2014 03:07 PM

Agree on point 2 especially. Just installed the composer trial on an 8.3" windows 8 tablet with 1920x1200 resolution. The icons are very very small, too small to be useable.
Pinch zoom would be nice too.

Sherry C 06-18-2014 05:09 PM

Hi,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurra1 (Post 65662)
Agree on point 2 especially. Just installed the composer trial on an 8.3" windows 8 tablet with 1920x1200 resolution. The icons are very very small, too small to be useable.
Pinch zoom would be nice too.

We are in contact with the developers of the interface library that we use to work on these resolution issues. We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope to have a fix out in the near future.

ttfn,
Sherry