View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Jaap Veneman (jaapv)

Default Mark, Of course it depends

Mark,

Of course it depends on the first place what you want to achieve using a software program.
But is can confirm you as a 65 years old user that Notation Composer and Musician is one of the easiest to use software there is in the market.

For me it was and is important that I can produce arrangements
for keyboard and harmonica players based on existing midi files or paper music. I have tried and really strugled many different programs from fairly limited to extensive functionality eg Finale and Sebilius. Then I found Notation Composer (few years back, at that time still in beta). To my experience it did most of the things I wanted very intuitive and with minimum of effort. Since then Composer has been developped in a great program. One of the main reasons of its succes for me is that the programmer Mark Walsen highly invested in listening an working intensively with its users (via the forum) to enhance the product for the most wanted functionality as well as usability.

But the best way to decide what the product can do for you is to download the trial version and start with it.
Of course you need some feeling to work with computers but still then.
My 78 years neighbour a pro musician, not experienced at all with computers, learned working with the program and transfers his musical idea's via Composer into sheet music

Cheers Jaap