View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 09:58 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa
Default Re: "Hiccup" in playback test

Hi, John:

Welcome to the forum.

What midi interface are you using? Older interfaces can sometimes be a little slow on initial playback. A good place to start would be to make sure the device driver for your midi interface is the latest version.

This doesn't apply to the internal test, of course, but, as an experiment, try placing an empty measure at the beginning of your file, so that there is a measure of silence before your file begins playback. Sometimes a recording or midi file can actually have the first Note On event(s) happen before the actual start of the file, leaving the first note (or notes) "hiccuped", as you say.

Several versions back (like Notation Composer 2.0), there was an occasional glitch where midi events sent to an external port would "hang" and then all garble forth at once, especially if the music was very dense. However, I haven't run into that for some time.

If you can attach a file that you're having trouble with to a post, I'll have a look at it and see if I can spot anything that might be suspect.

David