View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello All, With the help of

Hello All,

With the help of a customer (Tony), I've finally learned why some users cannot use the Help / Software Updates command to automatically update from 2.1 to 2.1.2.

Here's the situation: If you have fully installed version 2.1 or 2.1.1, then you will be able to update to 2.1.2. (Also, if you had fully installed 2.1 and updated to 2.1.1, then you will be able to update from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2.)

In the other case, if you had updated to version 2.1 using a patch from 2.0, 2.0.1 ... or 2.0.4, then the Help / Software Update command won't work. You'll get the error message: "Could not start the automatic update (2)." In that case, it will be necessary for you to redownload and fully installed a complete new copy of your purchased Notation Composer or Musician, following the instructions at www.notation.com/Redownload.htm.

Sorry for the inconvenience to those of you that got stuck in this patch/update mess that resulted from a transition I made from using InstallShield (which I disliked) to SetupBuilder (which I like) as the setup tool for Notaiton products.

Cheers
-- Mark