View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: New Notation Software Users Forum home

Howdy MG,

I'm glad you're enjoying the new forum

When we migrated the forum from the old discussion board, we decided to have a "flatter" layout. Some folks had been a bit hesitant about posting their music because they weren't sure which genre specifically applied. So, in this new incarnation you just post new music. One added way you can categorize new threads is to use the "Tags" option when you post. This way, you can self-categorize your music or other thread. It's different, but I think it will prove to be a more flexible approach for forum users, rather than having to fit themselves into categories mandated by "The Forum Administrators" (though we do try to be as accommodating as possible.)

The "subscription" options also work a bit differently as well. You can go to your "User CP" (it's the first menu bar option above) and set many of the defaults that you want for notifications and such. I have not found a way (yet!) to set a global "subscribe to everything" setting, but if I do, I'll certainly let you know.

Meanwhile do enjoy exploring around. This new software is set up much better for having more interaction among our community than ever before.

ttfn,
Sherry