View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 11:38 AM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Ferrofish B4000+

Hi Ian,

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandg View Post
Probably the thing I'm finding most difficult to manage/suit is the actual amplification and speaking. In the nature of things, one tends to want to use some sounds that in terms of pitch and harmonic are fairly demanding of whatever you speak it through. I suspect that if I could take it into a public performance space and play it out through the house PA, the sound might be rather splendid.

Yes, the equipment is a HUGE factor. I play bass at our church, and have always used my personal rig there for just that reason. The monitor system that we have works great for vocals and guitar, and part of the piano But when trying to hear the bass through those puny monitors, let's just say I can't.

There's also a huge range of speaker types that work great for certain types of music, but not for others. When I was trying out different speaker cabs (using the same amp and settings) for guitar and bass, it was astounding to me to hear the differences between the speaker types (eg. neodynium vs. "conventional" magnets). Then using the same cab but different amps does the same thing only of course because of different factors. You put that in a matrix where you mix the amps and the cabs, and the timbre of the sounds you can get is almost limitless. I know some guys who have different amps and cabs depending on the gig they're playing.

So yes, equipment makes a huge difference in the quality of the sound you get! I hope you have or get some that makes your sound glorious

ttfn,
Sherry