View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 06:00 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Something wrong here in spacing?

Hi Ian,

I have an older full version of BIAB too, and the thing that I find the most useful about the plugin versus the full version is the ability to do multiple "takes" of a given song so that I have them all to hand in Composer for swapping in and out of my "final" version.

I'm using it at present to come up with an arrangement of a song for our big band ("Wanna Be Like You" from The Jungle Book) that I want to start out as a Bossa Nova style for the verses and then go into a walking "Nawlin's" jazz style for the chorus.

Using the Band in a Box plugin, I can easily change the style, do a number of "takes", listen to them, and then copy/paste the regions that I want into the "master" file that I've set up.

Of course I then need to take those and "fan them out" into the various instruments that we have in the big band, but the plugin makes doing this kind of thing a lot easier than doing the takes in the full version, saving them as a .mid file, then opening up those multiple files in Composer. With the plugin, all those "takes" are right there in the same file as their own Part.

ttfn,
Sherry