View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 05:29 AM
Senior User

Default Re: Another Heartache

Thank you both, Sherry and dj, for your comments and your patience with my rambling mind-quavers.

Yes, there was a lot of work that went into the score and No, that was not a transcription from the Eagles Sheet Music (although, I did have a little help from their You Tube video. Also, I found the lyrics outlined in notes with the guitar chords noted in fret board finger positions. The rest is my interpretation) There is no copying Joe Walsh's Slide guitar, so I faked it with horns and my riffs, as heard from the aforementioned Video. The real kick was the quarter notes in 3/4 time. Once I figured that out. . .BA-MM. . . the tune just fell into place.
Yes, I put each and every note in the score, one at a time. The RH Piano is different every time, with only a few repeats in some parts. The Sax Solo Version was all my idea.

You see, I tried to do a Transcribe of the Beatles song a few years back, and it stank. This is my attempt at vindication (and growth). I really think I have this Brain-Bloat thing under control. My Ramblings now have structure.

Praise the Lord!
Jeffrey610