Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Erwin, I have GPO, an

Howdy Erwin,

I have GPO, and Composer recognizes it as its own device, no strings (or cables) attached Composer will actually recognize GPO as 8 different devices, because the "GPO Studio" that comes up for such applications has 8 players, with 8 "slots" (for instruments) each. So you have up to 64 spaces for instruments - woohoo! The only thing you have to be careful of is that you have sufficient memory. Garritan recommends a minimum of 1 Gb. I used to have only 512 Mb in my machine, and I could run up to about 4 or 5 instruments, but after that it got "hiccups" really bad. I now have 1.5 Gb of memory, and haven't had any problems even with a whole orchestra loaded. Ahhhh, yes

If you have any other questions about GPO, I'd be glad to help if I can - it's a terrific sound library, and with the recent updates, it's been made even more flexible. It's a very good fit with Composer and especially with the "Pro" version that Mark is going to be releasing.

ttfn,
Sherry