Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2020, 12:07 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa
Default An appropriate song for the times

Hi, all:

I hope all my on-line friends from around the world are safe and secure in these difficult times.

Here in Canada, we are staving off the brunt of the virus at the moment, but at the cost of effectively shutting down the country. We live in a rural area, so we aren't near any infected areas, but our theatre is closed by government order, which is making things difficult. My kids are in Toronto and Ottawa, respectively, both big population centres, which is worrying, but they're fine, so far.

Here's a song from a show which was well into rehearsal when things came crashing to a halt. The show is Plan 9 From Outer Space, which was intended as a silly science-fiction musical (based on the movie of the same name), but which is now a show about current events.

It's a number which is sung at the beginning of the second act and it was intended as fore-shadowing of events to come later in the act.

What it has become is a fore-shadowing of events around the world. Art imitates life, imitates art.

Think teen beach blanket movie with all the gang gathered around a camp-fire on the beach at night.

As with all of my pieces, do, please, play it from Page View.

Enjoy and stay safe.

David
Attached Files
File Type: not No 14 That's Why I Hold You special.not (462.7 KB, 9 views)