Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Suggestions and feature requests

Suggestions and feature requests Make suggestions for improving any aspect of any Notation Software product, or for new features.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Senior User

Default Setting up the layout

is a disaster. I really love a lot of features Notation provides in comparison to other programs, but when it comes to making my file ready to print...

First of all, it's not intuitive. I have not found the key yet to tell Notation: "I want to have 3 systems per page, please change the sizes of text, notes, dynamic marks etc. accordingly" and everything looks fine after just one or two mouse clicks.

There is not automatism that automatically fixes the horizontal or vertical positions of e.g. crescendos when I insert them (or later de/increases them accordingly when I change other things). They seem to be free-floating.Therefore I have to correct them manually.

The main changes that I made before (page brakes etc.) are all gone when I open the file again later.

This is very time-consuming and I don't wanna waste with my time working on the layout. I hope that a new version of Notation (that fixes these problems) will be released soon. Otherwise, I will switch to another software that maybe does not provide the advantages of Notation, but on the other hand is more comfortable when it comes to making your files ready to print...