Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2019, 12:32 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa
Default Re: VST Plugins Integration

Hi,

Notation Composer does not directly support VST technology.

As of Version 3, it does have its own internal Soundfont synthesizer that lets you utilize the many available Soundfont sample banks, including thousands of free ones. You can then render your creations to audio using the Export to Audio feature.

You can use VST's through the installation of a "virtual midi port", such as Maplemidi, LoopBe, MIDIYoke or virtualMIDI (Google them) and the use of a "midi host" program -- Hermann Seib's VSTHost is ubiquitous here.

By sending the output of one or more Composer tracks to the "virtual midi port" and directing that port's output to the "midi host", you can access just about any VST or VSTi (or combinations of them).

You can continue to use Composer's internal Soundfont synth and/or external hardware midi ports at the same time.

I currently have eight MIDIYoke virtual ports, one LoopBe virtual port, six hardware ports and the Notation Software Soundfont synth installed in my Composer midi configuration. That's a total of 256 potential midi channels, had I enough devices to connect to them. Hmm, I need more synths!

Hope that helps.

David