Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:53 AM
Active User

Default BIAB 2019 and Notation Composer 2.6 and 3.

I haven't used BIAB in ten years until recently, when I bought the 2019 Ultimate PakPlus. I read about the plug in, but would like to use both full programs together, but assume the smaller plugin version is the only to "marry" the two. I suppose creating a midi in BIAB and carrying it to Composer is the best I can do.

Bernie
Old 12-30-2018, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Default Re: BIAB 2019 and Notation Composer 2.6 and 3.

Bernie,

Good question. My knowledge is that the MIDI styles from the Band-in-a-Box product can be used and are compatible to the Band-in-a-Box plugin for Composer, but I am not fully sure about the MIDI supertracks. I am going to touch base with Peter Gannon, CEO from PG Music for advice.

However, if you own a license of Composer 3 you can try it as well for free .

We recently have launched an update of Composer to version 3.1.2 (so far not yet widely announced). With version 3.1.2 the 60 days of using the Band-in-a-Box plugin trial version restarts again which gives everybody the opportunity to re-try the Biab plugin if the 60 days of version 3.1.1 had already expired. So, if you own a version 3 license of Composer please update your Composer to 3.1.2 through our Update Assistant and give it a try.

As soon as I have feedback from PG Music I will let you know.

Reinhold
Old 12-30-2018, 08:23 AM
Active User

Reinhold

Thank you for the reply. I will do as you suggest, and am looking forward to future developments.

Bernie
Old 12-30-2018, 10:21 AM
Active User

Reinhold
I bought and installed the 3.1.2 extension, but see no mention of BIAB. Did I not do something correctly? The help/about shows the upgrade.

Bernie
Old 12-31-2018, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie9 View Post
Reinhold
I bought and installed the 3.1.2 extension, but see no mention of BIAB. Did I not do something correctly? The help/about shows the upgrade.

Bernie
This issue was resolve off-line with Bernie.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:23 AM
Administrator

We recieved feedback from Peter Gannon, CEO of PG Music. All so called "MIDI Styles" from the Band-in-a-Box package (see here) can be used with the Band-in-a-Box plugin for Notation Composer. Other filetypes are specific for the software of Band-in-a-Box. PC Music offers 2300 Band-in-a-Box styles. There are further styles from other sources available, too.

Reinhold