Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Suggestions and feature requests

Suggestions and feature requests Make suggestions for improving any aspect of any Notation Software product, or for new features.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Active User

Smile Reset tempo and Close all

Hello, I feel a little bad for already asking new features, but I guess knowing that my favorite music editing software will now have future versions got me excited (and so very happy)

I often have quiet a few scores opened at the same time (amongst other things, I use Notation Composer for my rhythm and note learning). For this reason, I noticed two things I really miss.

1. a fast way to reset the "tempo percentage spinner" (I used to work with a 3D software and right clicking on a spinner reset it to the default value, if the widgets used for the programming of Notation Composer allow it, maybe it would be a nice functionality to add).

2. a "File -> Close all" menu item (maybe less important, I don't know if many users have a lot of scores open at the same time as I do). When a lot of scores are open (I often have 15 or more exercises open), it is a bit cumbersome to ctrl+F4 them one by one.

Neither of these features are critical, I just think of them as small ways to make Notation Composer even more awesome
(sorry for my English)

Jean-Luc
Old 03-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Reset tempo and Close all

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBA View Post
Hello, I feel a little bad for already asking new features, but I guess knowing that my favorite music editing software will now have future versions got me excited (and so very happy)
Glad you're happy - we are too

Quote:
I often have quiet a few scores opened at the same time (amongst other things, I use Notation Composer for my rhythm and note learning). For this reason, I noticed two things I really miss.

1. a fast way to reset the "tempo percentage spinner" (I used to work with a 3D software and right clicking on a spinner reset it to the default value, if the widgets used for the programming of Notation Composer allow it, maybe it would be a nice functionality to add).
We do have some "to do" items regarding the tempo adjustment. I'll note this one as well.

Quote:
2. a "File -> Close all" menu item (maybe less important, I don't know if many users have a lot of scores open at the same time as I do). When a lot of scores are open (I often have 15 or more exercises open), it is a bit cumbersome to ctrl+F4 them one by one.
This functionality is already present, but is in a different menu item: Window/Close all songs. It's a good idea to repeat it in the File menu, too, though.

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 03-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Active User

Default Re: Reset tempo and Close all

Thank you very much for your answer Sherry and I am very ashamed to say I never thought of looking in the windows menu to close my scores This will perfectly do the job

Thank you again for your help