Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Suggestions and feature requests

Suggestions and feature requests Make suggestions for improving any aspect of any Notation Software product, or for new features.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Senior User

Default Add option to display Do-Re-Mi under or over notes

I mainly use Notation Composer as a means to learn how to sight read. It's working but I still have a way to go. I don't compose with it.

A very good retired music teacher said you need to be able to "sing" the notes aloud or in your head to get better at it.

One way is the Do-Re-Mi system. Which (as I understand) helps you keep the intervals by saying them phonetically (I think that's right term here). Singing A,B,C# or da-Da-DAA is much harder than singing Do-Re-Mi (on pitch).

It would be so nice to add a feature to show Do-Re-Mi on the score. I don't think it would be too hard either. Not sure if it should be above, below or in place of the note. There may be standards that are used.

I think this would be a huge nitch for Notation Composer.