Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Suggestions and feature requests

Suggestions and feature requests Make suggestions for improving any aspect of any Notation Software product, or for new features.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2018, 07:53 AM

Arrow Practice Colors (Note/Highlights)

Hello!

If it is feasible and has not already been suggested, then I would like to suggest having the option to color/highlight notes various colors on the sheet music.

This is different from the playback/select highlight. In that, what I mean to say is... If I (for example) wrote a jazz line using an augmented scale, I'd like to be able highlight that particular section (let's say) green, or perhaps make those notes green. That, or I could highlight chord tones one color and tension tones another color. Even the beginning musician could use it simply to highlight accidentals.

In essence, I think this would be an invaluable tool (at the very least) in helping jazzers use Notation Composer to speed up their mental theory for improvisation (though it could also be handy for general harmonic analysis, as well).

Respectfully,
Xander Navarro