Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Senior User

Default Note value, tempo definition and playback marker

Hi Sherry

Just starting my next lot of choir music and have come across something I hadn't noticed before. The vertical bar playback marker seems to move in increments as set by the note value used in the tempo box. This is what I have deduced by looking at several different scores.

So at the present time I have a score in 4/8 time and the note value used in the tempo box is set to a half-note (20 half-notes per minute). The effect of this is that the playback marker (vertical bar) jumps a measure at a time rather than following the individual notes which is what I would like it to do.

Ah! I thought: if this is the case then all I need do is reset the tempo to 80 eighth notes per minute and then the playback marker will move across each measure in 4 increments.

But nowhere can I find how to persuade the tempo definition dialog to let me set the tempo as 80 eighth notes rather than 20 half notes.

Please tell me which part of my ignorance is in operation and whether there is an easy solution. I have looked in the various settings but cannot see anything.

Thanks .. Tim