Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Suggestions and feature requests

Suggestions and feature requests Make suggestions for improving any aspect of any Notation Software product, or for new features.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2020, 08:47 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: movable playback location

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that you're finding the ReBar feature useful. It is unique among notation software products.

Quote:
There's the little downward pointing green arrow where playback will resume, ideally I'd like to:

1) move it with the mouse
2). anchor it, so when I stop playback and then start again, it starts from where I anchored it.

For 1) it's not quite drag-n-drop, but to position the Playback Marker to where you want to begin, hold the "P" key AND mouse-click in the score at the position you want to begin playback.

For 2), you can effectively do this by selecting a Region to work on during the ReBar process (it's meant as a "punch in" type recording - barlines will only be recorded in the selected region). When you start to record the bar line "taps", playback will begin one measure prior to the selected region so you can "catch the groove" and then will be recorded in the selected region. For details about this, please see Help/User Guide and use the Index to look up "ReBar".

Hope this helps!

ttfn,
Sherry