Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2019, 12:28 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa
Default Re: Spanish Song

Hi, Jeffrey:

Welcome to the forum.

Spanish Song is a very nice piece with lots of fun energy happening -- a little bit Santana-esque here and there. The Latin percussion is very well done. A very nice way to start my morning.

Your use of stereo placement with multiple tracks of the same instrument is a nice touch, however, I'll point out that the multiple percussion tracks won't show up with different stereo placement because they use the same MIDI channel, which can only have one stereo placement -- usually that of the last track in the list.

When using multiple tracks of the same line, a little MIDI trick to widen the stereo picture is to use the tools under the Piano Roll tab to slightly shift the notes in one track forward or back for a slight chorus or even echo effect.

It's also fun to use the GraphOverNotes™ tab and the Pan tool (L R over an arrowed line) to shift a track's pan during the course of the piece, for a little extra movement.

A little note: the End Bar barline (thin line/thick line) you're using to indicate new sections is generally reserved for the actual end of the piece. I use a double barline (Select the barline with the mouse cursor then press "2") to indicate new sections.

Thanks for sharing your music with us and I look forward to hearing more.

All the best.

David

Last edited by dj; 09-12-2019 at 01:31 PM.