Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music > "Learning and Teaching" pieces
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

"Learning and Teaching" pieces Arrangements for helping aspiring musicians learn to play from sheet music.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2019, 04:56 PM

Default Back Home Again Duet (John Denver)

"Back Home Again" was written by John Denver in 1974. This song hit Number 5 in the Popular music polls and Number 1 in Country music polls.

I have taken a different approach to this song than many other popular songs that I have arranged as duets. The sheet music is very straight forward, with most of the quarter notes being on the beat. Denver, as well as most popular singers, does not sing this song this way, but syncopates many of the quarter notes to off the beat. This song has long been a favorite of my wife Cynthia, and she wanted to play it the way her ear hears Denver singing. So, this is my attempt to capture Denver's rhythmic feel.

It's rather a long song to truly cover all the extensive lyrics.

If you would like to see the lyrics or the chords, you can use Composer commands to display them: for lyrics use qsl; for chords use qscn.

Ralph R. Rayner
Attached Files
File Type: not Back Home Again Duet.not (76.3 KB, 1 views)