Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Suggestions and feature requests
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Suggestions and feature requests Make suggestions for improving any aspect of any Notation Software product, or for new features.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Senior User

Default Create performance from expression

I am not sure if there is a concept behind that some expressions can be converted to performance data and some others not.

Adding this for dynamics and hairpins should not be a technical problem as it's very basic to convert this to or pick it from the volume graph at the specified symbols bar locations.

I guess there could be also some extensions like:

- Tempo marks for numeric values, acc. or rit. could work similar to volume marks and hairpins

- Pitch bending symbols could be more delicate to apply or retrieve but I think it's not impossible too and it would be very helpful for guitar and synth bending - see Notion 3 to get an idea what's possible...

Maybe some is already on your list for a future update?

I don't think volume and tempo are too fancy for everyday musicians.

Last edited by NotationUser; 10-18-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: typo removal