Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Suggestions and feature requests

Suggestions and feature requests Make suggestions for improving any aspect of any Notation Software product, or for new features.

Old 01-02-2006, 05:23 PM
David Evans (dave)

Default Hi, I Use use this software

Hi,

I Use use this software a great deal of time and it must of saved me al ot of money over the last few years. This request would be the icing on top on the cake for me:

In the future an option to create a XF file after creating the chords so i can view the top line and chord on my keyboard (Yamaha Tyros)

Many thanks

Old 01-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello David, That's a g

Hello David,

That's a great idea. I'll add this to the wish list for the next major version of MidiNotate, a Save As XF MIDI File option to save chord names.

Cheers
-- Mark
Old 03-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Stan Comber

Default Hi, I have used MidiNotate

Hi,

I have used MidiNotate software a great deal of times and it must of saved me a lot of money over the past years. This request for "save as XF" would be the icing on the cake for me:

In a future version an option to create a XF file after creating the chords would be a huge advantage to enable me to view the top line and chord on my keyboard (Yamaha Tyros 2)

RSVP Stan Comber
Old 03-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Stan, I'll bump u

Hello Stan,

I'll bump up the priority of Save As MIDI XP.

If anyone else is listening and wants this feature, please add your vote.

Thanks for your lobbying effort, Stan.

Cheers
-- Mark
Old 03-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Jaap Veneman (jaapv)

Default Mark, Stan, I'm a TYROS

Mark, Stan,

I'm a TYROSII owner also. I never used the XF file format,
but I know its apart of the Yamaha XG midi format implemented widely on nearly all Yamaha keyboards to display lyrics, chords, and notes.
I think its very usefull to add this function to Composer, for Yamaha Key's owners.

However Yamaha also supports the Karaoke format which displays on the TYROS (and most other keys) screen also notes, lyrics and chords. I have either not tested files in Karaoke (*.kar) format saved by Notation Composer. Have you tried that already.

I also know many TYROS users use dump midi files coupled with specific files to display their musical notes etc on the TYROS screen. You may search the specific TYROS forums for details and support.

Cheers Jaap
Old 03-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hi Jaap, That's good in

Hi Jaap,

That's good information, that TYROS supports lyrics in the Karaoke .kar file format. The XF file format also specifies chord names, which is what some Composer customers have been asking for.

Cheers
-- Mark
Old 12-02-2007, 10:05 AM
maurizio

Default I do agree and vote for that.

I do agree and vote for that.
I've tried Musician and Composer.
The only reason I have not bought one of them yet, is they cannot Save as an XF file yet.
As soon as this feature will be available, I'll buy.

I've tried files produced in Musician.
Some times lyrics appear, sometimes not.
Chords do not appear , never, and I miss them a lot on my Clavinova CVP.
Maurizio (Italian Translator for Band in a Box)
Old 11-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Klaus Bertram (klber)

Default Hello Mark Walsen, Nearly t

Hello Mark Walsen,

Nearly two years ago (Janurary 02,2006), you wrote "That's a great idea. I'll add this to the wish list for the next major version of MidiNotate, a Save As XF MIDI File option to save chord names. " Since this time I'm waiting for a new version of midinotate with this feature.
My keyboard is a yamaha tyros and I need the XF file format for chord names.
I have tested the composer demo-version. It's very good, but without the possibility to save the midifile with XF chordnames it's not good for me.

Cheers Klaus
Old 02-25-2010, 10:09 PM
klaus-eckert

Default Re: XF File

Hello all,

I am also using since years the Tyros(1 and 2) keyboard. Before buying NotationComposer I used XG Works.
NotationComposer is really a great progress against XG Works but misses the XF capability.
I also found that the Tyros instrument setups made in the staves are lost after midi export. They are reduced to simple GM that sounds not as good as intended.
Please introduce the XF file function as next in order to win new customers and to avoid that current users change to other product.
Hoping you will make this subject to highest priority.

Best regards

Klaus Eckert