Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > General music tips and questions

General music tips and questions Ask questions or share tips about instruments, playing, writing music, or other music-related topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2010, 04:19 PM

Default Slurs across multiple endings on repeats

I haven't figured out a way to make slurs that begin before a first ending and continue into the first ending, also continue into the second ending. The attached is written for my wife and her Soprano Recorder. I want the slur that begins in measure 5 and ends in measure 7 to also end in measure 9. You will see that I've created a very unprofessional-looking slur ending in measure 9, but I can't make it appear any better than what I've done. In order to get what I have, I had to make the whole note in measure 9 into 4 quarter notes; add the slur (which covered all 4 quarter notes) and try to manipulate it to look like a natural slur ending for a whole note on beat 1; delete the quarter notes on beats 2, 3 and 4; and convert the quarter note on beat 1 into a whole note again.

Has anyone figured out a cleaner way to do this?

Ralph
Attached Files
File Type: not Someone To Watch Over Me.not (13.9 KB, 2 views)