Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Senior User

Default Re: Latest file won't open

Hi Sherry,
Correct. The old mididev.cfg was the only one present in the folder. The first thing I did after re-starting was to check the \Composer folder in Explorer. I suspect Threatfire noticed that a smaller file was trying to replace a larger one and if I'd clicked for it to stop that process, I'd have been all right. Disabling it worked as well, though.

I always have two backups of the entire Notation directory at the end of the day, on a USB My Book and a flash drive. I probably don't have to re-export in Composer.mdd as long as I add instruments to banks already present because they will be added automatically to Composer.mdd. Just a guess, of course.

Mark had done some magical things under the hood. I can speak only for my machine, naturally, but all in operations I tried so far it is not only faster, it is amazingly so.

The draft of what I have been fighting with is done. I am going to try an mp3 recording later, and I suspect there will be enough under 10MB that I can add some things immediately.

all best,
mgj