Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 01-29-2020, 09:06 AM
Senior User

Default Funk in my trunk

Some times. . .you just have to be FUNKY!!

Jeffrey610
Attached Files
File Type: not FUNK IN MY TRUNK.not (819.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 01-29-2020, 01:37 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Funk in my trunk

Hi Jeffrey,

Smooth funky

Love the vibe, but have to admit that the constant panning of the guitar made me feel like I was playing my bass while twirling on a spinning seat - maybe I'm just too used to being in one spot when I play The drum panning, though, just made it feel more like I was sitting at the kit. Just my weird psychology I guess....

I am with Ralph definitely about the drums, though. You've got some great chops going on with those. And the solo sections are definitely popping here - great attention to the performance details.

Keep 'em coming!
Sherry

p.s. small point, and probably only because I'm primarily a bass player. Bass is a transposing instrument - by one octave. For the "Sheet music" part - if you're going to print these for live musicians - you can use the Staff/Transpose to each instrument's key and then hit the "Look up all" to have all the transpositions done for you (eg. guitar and bass are octaves, but you'd have to do the brass instruments to their respective singles to do those.)
Old 01-29-2020, 02:45 PM
Senior User

Thanks so much, Sherry C,
You are so right. . .I went a little crazy with the panning of the Guitar. After you said that you liked the Drum panning in the other song, I lost consciousness. You know, a little salt is good. . .a lot of salt must be better? NOT!!! Basic rule of music: Less is more!
Thanks for keeping me grounded.
Sherry C, How does one start a 'Drum Scoring Lessons' Thread? I'm Clueless.
Jeffrey610
Old 01-29-2020, 08:06 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)

Hi Jeffrey,

Glad to add some constructive commentary - I know I need that with my own stuff, too

To start a new thread for drum scoring (yay!), just navigate to the forum where you want to start that (the Learning and teaching pieces area would be great) and click the "New Thread" button in the upper left of the panel.

Looking forward to that thread. We get a lot of folks who would love to learn those skills.

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 02-02-2020, 02:09 AM
Senior User

Hi Sherry C,
I've looked all the threads marked "Drums" to get an idea of what I could add to it. . . and I am awed and more confused than ever.
It looks like the thread goes back 15 years or so, and there are all kinds of tips and tricks and methods of operation contributed by people much more learned then I. . . and I don't do ANY of that stuff!!! Well, to be honest, I do use the hint(sic) that the Bass Drum is on the 1 and 3 and the Snare on the 2 and 4, (unless it's Country. . .then Vice-Versa). OK, there are other music genres that do it differently, but. . .well you get it, right?
Other than that, I just add beats when/how it FEELS RIGHT. How do you teach that?
64ths, 32nds, 16ths, 8ths and quarter notes are fills. . . Flams use 32nds right next to the snare beat. Side stick makes a crack sound. . . it's so academic, I'm just confused about what I can contribute.
Help me out of the Rabbit Hole!
Jeffrey610

PS: loved your "DADZILLA". Roooaaarrr 8-)