Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products Learn (and share) tips and tricks for getting the most out of your Notation Software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2020, 09:18 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Using Smartmode in Composer 4

Hi Blane,

Thanks for the more detailed report. I have been able to reproduce the problem of not being able to add the new note of the same pitch at beat one of a following measure. I'm writing this up for a fix. In the meantime, there is a work around that you can use that hopefully won't be too much trouble. If you add the new note for beat one just above or below your desired pitch, you can then use the keyboard shortcut "P + Up/Down arrow key" to adjust the pitch of the newly added note to the correct pitch.

Quote:
Similarly, if the new not is close to a rest or a measure bar, those objects get selected rather than adding the new note.
I was not able to reproduce this problem.

Some reasons may be:

• difference in the Beat Ruler divisions (I tried 8, 16, and 32)
  • difference in Zoom (I did try unzoomed and then zoomed using the toolbar button 2x)
  • the way I hold my mouth (just kidding - that was something my Grandma always said might make a difference in the way things turned out )

If you have a good series of steps or a situation that shows these behaviors please let me know.

ttfn,
Sherry