Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2019, 02:31 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa
Default Some Space Love

Hi, all:

I haven't shared any music in a while, so I thought I'd post something for fun.

In honour of the finding of evidence of life-supporting water on K2-18b (the so-called "super-Earth" planet over 100 light years away), here's a number from my new opus, Plan 9 From Outer Space, The Musical.

If you're a movie buff, you might know that Plan 9 From Outer Space, the movie, is considered to be the worst movie of all time. So, naturally, I had to turn it into a musical (it's in the public domain, so it's up for grabs).

This number is a lament by Tanna, the second-in-command of the alien space invaders who come to Earth for nefarious purposes. She loves her commander, Eros (yep, that's his name from the movie), but he thinks only of his mission -- to conquer Earth by bringing the dead back to life. No one is clear as to how that is supposed to work.

My musical adaptation is a 50s rock'n'roll homage and this number is a "doo-wop" piece.

Oh, yeah -- her backup singers are the spaceship's crew of aliens.

Enjoy.

P.S. I also lay claim to being the first lyricist to ever use "apogee" and "perigee" together in a lyric -- even though I just realized that I misspelled "perigee" in the accompanying .not file.
Attached Files
File Type: not No 5 - Space Love.not (345.9 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by dj; 09-14-2019 at 02:42 PM. Reason: to add a clever line