Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 05-02-2022, 05:16 AM
Senior User

Default Another Heartache

Well, this is gonna get weird. . .I just wanted to try something I tried before, to see if I have improved my Scoring skills ( kinda like I said in my before post). That started the weirdness! I dropped my Laptop and cracked the display hinge. I still worked, but the display was like off color, you know, pixelated in basic colors. Well, anyway, I ordered a new Laptop. When I got it, I changed the Hard Drive and found out that I couldn't transfer Notation Composer onto the new Laptop. No worries, But I also saw that there was a NEW Version of Composer available too. So, I paid for the Version 4. The weird part is. . .I couldn't load Composer Version 3 onto the Laptop. I got this message 'It is your decision if you further want to use version 3, but as mentioned we now ask for a service fee for a transfer of the license to a new PC.'

I desperately needed to finish my new score, but couldn't be sure how it would sound on a new version 4 Notation. . .and had no way to compare. So I started over on Version 4.

If i haven't lost you, and your still reading this. . .then let me tell you about my Heartache. I LOVE NOTATION COMPOSER VERSION 4. I didn't expect the results I got and cannot express how satisfied I am with the score. I insist you buy, listen and comment on the Notation Composer Version 4 and tell me exactly what you think of the tonal quality, playback continuity and definition of notes.

But, if you do not have Version 4, I have included 'Just Another Heartache' for version 2 and 3 so you can compare yourself. If you don't get NC Version 4 right away, you'll never know what your missing. So, here is my version of Another Heartache. Sing along. . .You know the words!
Attached Files
File Type: not ANOTHER HEARTACHE.not (2.85 MB, 14 views)
File Type: not JUST ANOTHER HEARTACHE.not (2.85 MB, 4 views)
Old 05-02-2022, 02:19 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa
Default Re: Another Heartache

Hi, Jeffrey:

So, you got over your heartache, after all.

A lot of detail in that arrangement. I like the left/right panning of the drum and guitar tracks to fill out the stereo, something I use quite a bit.

Is that a transcription of the original arrangement, because that's a lot of work!

Your heartache with broken equipment reminded me that it's just about two years ago that my cell phone fell out of my pocket just as I pulled the lawnmower backward over the place it fell. Amazingly, I recovered both the SIM card and the memory card. The plastic bag full of chopped cell phone salad was somehow not repairable.

Nice way to start the day.

David
Old 05-02-2022, 03:27 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)

Hi Jeffrey,

Glad you're enjoying Composer 4, and thanks for the excellent plug

Just out of curiosity, are you dropping in all these notes with a mouse, or playing them in, or....? That's a lot of work, and a great song file!

Just to note that you don't have to save different files for different versions of the software - the current v4 files are backward compatible to v2 (we try hard to make things as easy for users as possible).

I've always wished I could see the Eagles in concert - at least now I can play along

Keep rocking, and glad Composer didn't give you any heartache

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 05-03-2022, 05:29 AM
Senior User

Thank you both, Sherry and dj, for your comments and your patience with my rambling mind-quavers.

Yes, there was a lot of work that went into the score and No, that was not a transcription from the Eagles Sheet Music (although, I did have a little help from their You Tube video. Also, I found the lyrics outlined in notes with the guitar chords noted in fret board finger positions. The rest is my interpretation) There is no copying Joe Walsh's Slide guitar, so I faked it with horns and my riffs, as heard from the aforementioned Video. The real kick was the quarter notes in 3/4 time. Once I figured that out. . .BA-MM. . . the tune just fell into place.
Yes, I put each and every note in the score, one at a time. The RH Piano is different every time, with only a few repeats in some parts. The Sax Solo Version was all my idea.

You see, I tried to do a Transcribe of the Beatles song a few years back, and it stank. This is my attempt at vindication (and growth). I really think I have this Brain-Bloat thing under control. My Ramblings now have structure.

Praise the Lord!
Jeffrey610